Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Stop Mental Time Travel and Be in the Now - Part I

The following is an excerpt from Chapter 2 of the book "Shift: Stop, Think and Be without doubt"

Stop! Stop IMAGINING THE WORST CASE SCENARIO AND REACTING TO IT AS IF IT’S REAL. Stop mentally time traveling to the future or past event where the worst outcome is played out. Stop running down the street of negative thinking, daydreaming about a crazy outcome.

While sitting around frustrated one day, a friend of mine called and asked me how I was doing. I replied with a slug­gish, “I’m cool”. Noticing that I was not in a good mood, he said, “I’m on my way, we are about to go listen to some Jazz at the park, check out the beautiful ladies and relax. That of course made me feel a little better but by the time he arrived, I was fully back in the mode I was in before, frustrated.
As we were driving to the Park he asked me what the frus­tration was about and as I began explaining, he suddenly said, “STOP!” A little startled, I turned and looked at him waiting for him to say what was on his mind and he just sat there. I asked him what was up and he said, “YOU WERE TIME TRAVELING, AND I NEEDED TO BRING YOU BACK HERE.” I asked him what he meant and why the pause in telling me that. He said, “You needed time to PAUSE. You needed to spend a little time without any thoughts in your head at all.”

He went on to say, “Right now, you’re in what I think is a relatively nice car, its clean, the air conditioner is on, we got great music on the radio and we are headed to a park full of fine women and music, BUT YOU ARE FRUSTRATED?! That means you were not really here. Your mind was some­where else! You were somewhere other than right NOW.”

He was right. I was thinking about the next day and a certain bill that I had to pay and didn’t have the money on me to pay it. I was thinking about the repercussions of not having the money and what would possibly happen if I were to lose that particular thing because I couldn’t pay the bill. I was thinking about what others would say about me and how I would look to them and my family. I WAS NOT THERE IN THE PRES­ENT.

I was imagining the worst case scenario and outwardly through my posture, look and how I physically felt, reacting to it as if it were real. Mentally I was not in the car with him. I was in an imagined tomorrow living out a nightmare.

But I was also doing something else! I was ATTRACTING THAT WORST CASE SCENARIO INTO REALITY. I was willing the universe to make it actually come true! In other words, I was praying to God that it actually happens.

How was I doing this? By activating a universal law, The Law of Attraction. This law states that whatever you con­sistently put your combined imagination and emotional feeling on it WILL manifest in your life. Another friend once said to me that “Worry is nothing but a prayer for the negative outcome.” Why, because “worry” is another form of combined thought and emotion, but toward a NEGATIVE end.

to be continued...

Tony Stewart
Author
"Shift: Stop Think and Be without doubt"
www.stopthinkandbe.com

No comments:

Post a Comment